Our flaxseed products come from Linseed Oy in Finland - a company with a long history in developing highest quality flaxseed products.
Read here about how it all started & what makes their products so unique!
1. When was Linseed Oy founded?
2. Where did the idea for founding the company come from and how did it all start?
The idea behind the company was the desire to process flaxseed as it is a plant that grows extremely well in Finland. The history of farming flaxseed worldwide goes back around 8000 years. The ancient Egyptians, Greece and Romans used flaxseed as food and for different medical purposes. In Finland flaxseed has been farmed from the 1500s. Consuming flaxseed has several benefits: it strengthens the body’s immune system, improves the digestive tracts microbiological balance, improves metabolism, intensifies the bodys ability to eliminate toxins and contains a great antioxidant called lignan.
Roasted ground milled flaxseed gives the human body omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and protein that is situated in the shell of the flaxseed. It contains around 20g/100g of protein. The nutrients of the roasted ground milled flaxseed are absorbed well in the human body.
3. Where does Linseed Oy get their flaxseed from?
We have 50 contract farmers that farm their flaxseed on the world’s best (and most arctic) flaxseed fields.
4. What makes Linseed Oy and its products unique?
Our innovation is the gentle roast that gives our flaxseed products a better microbiological value, a great nutty and crispy flavour and doubles the shelf live naturally.
5. Who is behind your unique flaxseed roast and how did you come up with the idea? How long was the product development process?
The idea was born as a sum of many things. It was developed together with a customer for around a year.
6. What is your favourite way to use the roasted ground milled flaxseed products?
We like to add them to smoothies, on salad to give some crunchiness and of course on our breakfast yogurt, curd or porridge. One tablespoon covers the whole day’s omega-3 needs.
7. What is the best feedback you have gotten from your customers?
The best ones often have to do with the product’s taste. We are especially happy also to receive feedback about concrete effects that customers report, for example if eating our products has lowered their cholesterol.