(vegetarian, glutenfree, no refined sugar)
Salad dressings are one of our favorite parts of the salad as you can make so many variations with it. We have fallen in love with a dressing created by Arto Rastas for our producer Linseed that combines healthy oils with Daybreak - Roasted Ground Milled Flaxseed & Seabuckthorn. We've been eating it the past days almost every evening with different kinds of salads.
Adding the roasted ground milled flaxseed doesn't only add nice taste to the salad dressing but more importantly a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fibre, magnesium as well as Vitamin C and E.
Try out the grilled halloumi - roasted ground milled flaxseed + sea buckthorn recipe by Arto Rastas for Linseed:
1. Prepare the dressing by mixing all 3 ingredients together.
2. Cut the garlic and the parsley and mix them with the olive oil.
3. Cut the halloumi cheese in slices and marinade for about an hour in the parsley-garlic oil in the fridge.
4. Cut the cucumber and the cantaloupe melon, rinse and tear the lettuce and put it in your salad bowl.
5. Grill or stir the halloumi cheese on a frying pan until it gets a beautiful colour.
6. If you want, you can also grill the cucumber and the cantaloupe melon.
7. Put the cucumber, the cantaloupe melon and the fried halloumi on the lettuce, pour the dressing over it and add milled black pepper on top.
Want more healthy recipes? Find them in our blog.