(vegan, gluten free, no refined sugar)
Falafel is a traditionally Arab food. The Finnish cook Arto Rastas gave it an Arctic twist in his recipe for our producer Linseed.
Falafel is a great vegan food - it is a great source of protein and relatively low in fat. Adding the roasted ground milled flaxseed gives this food additional omega-3 fatty acids, protein, fibre and magnesium.
Try out the grilled halloumi - roasted ground milled flaxseed + sea buckthorn recipe by Arto Rastas for Linseed:
1. Cut the onions and fry them shortly on a pan.
2. Place the onions, chickpeas and Sunrise - Roasted Ground Milled Flaxseed + Lingonberry in a mixer and process until blended but not pureed.
3. Add the cornflour and the spices.
4. Refridgerate the mixture for around half an hour. Then shape into patties with your hands.
5. Round the patties in Sunrise - Organic Roasted Ground Milled Flaxseed + Lingonberry and fry on a pan.
You can additionally prepare a sauce by mixing 2 dl Turkish yogurt (or a vegan alternative like soy yogurt) with 0.5 dl pesto and a pinch of black pepper.
Want to see more delicious healthy recipes? Check our blog.
PS: Would you like to read the recipe in Finnish? You find it on our producer Linseed's website.---------------------------